Over 26,000 restaurant merchants can enjoy up to 70% discount for unlimited outpatient services all year
(Hong Kong, January 21, 2021) OpenRice has teamed up with Blue, Hong Kong’s first digital life insurer, to launch a new outpatient medical plan for the F&B industry, enabling employers of small and medium enterprises and restaurants to obtain additional medical protection for their employees at monthly premiums as low as HK$12. With this partnership, restaurant employers can apply for the “OpenRice Merchants Exclusive WeMedi Outpatient Protector” (the “Plan”) through Blue’s online insurance platform anytime, anywhere. Eligible employees can enjoy up to 70% discount for outpatient services right away upon confirmation from their employers. The procedures are simple, fast and convenient.
Hong Kong’s F&B industry hit hard by the pandemic, brand-new partnership alleviates managerial pressure on restaurants
The F&B industry is among the hardest-hit during the pandemic over the past year, and has faced unprecedented challenges in both operation and management. Many F&B outlets have hired short-term or contract employees which have led to high turnover rates. As a result of inconsistent training, employers face immense challenges in maintaining employees’ professionalism and performance levels. Openrice has been standing shoulder to shoulder with its restaurant partners and the Hong Kong people by consistently expanding its suite of services on the OpenRice Biz merchant platform. Partnering with Blue, its first insurance partner in Hong Kong, the Plan has a low threshold, allowing employers to enhance benefits, retain employees, and reduce training costs; ultimately supporting the battered industry and providing more comprehensive health protection for employees.
Jan Wong, OpenRice’s Managing Director said, “As a stakeholder of Hong Kong’s dining industry for over 20 years, OpenRice thoroughly understands the challenges that restaurants face. To ease the burden of our merchants, we waived all commissions for takeaway services for 4.5 months in 2020. This year we continue to leverage on our platform to bring about positive impact, and roll out a highly flexible and transparent medical protection plan with Blue to meet restaurants’ needs.”
Mr. Charles Hung, CEO & Executive Director of Blue, said, “As Hong Kong’s first digital life insurer, Blue has been actively using digital technology since its establishment to provide Hong Kong citizens with diversified, flexible and simple insurance solutions, bringing ease and convenience to their lives. We are delighted to partner with OpenRice to bring the F&B industry in Hong Kong a brand new outpatient medical protection plan with an exclusive discount, providing coverage and health protection for F&B employers, employees and their families while reducing the burden of daily medical expenses.”
Ms. Jan Wong, OpenRice’s Managing Director (left) and Mr. Charles Hung, CEO & Executive Director of Blue (right) announced the partnership to launch new WeMedi Outpatient Protector plan for the F&B Industry.
The “Merchants Exclusive WeMedi Outpatient Protector” jointly launched by OpenRice and Blue has 4 key benefits:
- Unlimited visits on 7 types of outpatient services at up to 70% discount all year, with monthly premium as low as HKD12
- The annual premium is HK$138 only, which is as low as HK$12 per month. Employees can enjoy up to 70% discount for each designated category of outpatient services.
- The 7 types of outpatient services cover General Practitioner consultation (inclusive of 3 days basic medication), Specialist consultation (inclusive of 4 days medication), Physiotherapy treatment, Chinese Herbalist consultation, Chinese Bone Setting treatment, Acupuncture treatment and Chiropractor treatment.
- Extensive network with 700+ designated doctors for consultation
- Large clinic network with more than 700 designated doctors to choose from, spreading across Hong Kong Island, Kowloon and the New Territories.
- Successful OpenRice applicants can simply show Blue’s e-medical card for unlimited visits with up to 70% discount on consultation fees.
- No threshold on number of application and coverage for employers, employees and all ages alike
- Different from corporate group insurance, the Plan offers exceptional flexibility that allows unlimited number of employees for enrollment. Applications for even one person is acceptable.
- The Plan can benefit family members as well, with the issue age of the Plan spanning from 15 days to age 80.
- Employers and employees can also enroll for their family members via WeMedi Outpatient Protector’s dedicated webpage on OpenRice’s business platform.
- Simple application process and no claims required to reduce administrative burdens
- The application procedure for the Plan is Employers share the designated application link with their employees through Blue’s online insurance platform.
- Employees will be directed by the link to fill in required information and OpenRice Merchants’ special discount code.
- After that, employers will receive a confirmation email. Upon confirmation, employers can make a one-off payment with a specified payment method, and without needing to make a claim. The process is safe and fast, and reduces administrative burdens.
Respective terms and conditions apply to the above products and offers.
For our plan policy provisions, details and risk disclosure, please refer to the relevant plan’s product leaflet/offering document and specimen policy. For more details, please visit http://www.blue.com.hk.
– END –
OpenRice is not authorized to act as Blue’s insurance agent. OpenRice is not authorized to advise nor arrange the purchase of any life insurance plan or provide any sales support to OpenRice’s member/ subscriber under the Promotion. OpenRice’s member/ subscriber should not rely on any information, recommendation or advice provided by OpenRice in making a purchase decision.
OpenRice shall not in any way hold himself/ herself as an agent nor an insurance intermediary. OpenRice should not hold himself/ herself as advising, negotiating, arranging, inviting, inducing or attempting to invite or induce OpenRice’s member/ subscriber to enter into an insurance contract or to make an application for an insurance contract. OpenRice shall not conduct any regulated activities as defined under the Insurance Ordinance (Cap. 41)